Fajitas are a family dinner fave, but can take up a lot of pans. Skip the sink full of dishes and assemble and cook these sheet pan fajitas RIGHT on the pan! Juicy, seasoned chicken, colourful veggies and flavour central! Serve with soft tortillas, on rice or make into nachos! Make your own salsa to go with it or grab a jar of your favourite store-bought (no judgement!)
Think of all the things you could do if you aren’t busy cleaning up all those dishes! I love recipes that make clean up a breeze without sacrificing flavour because I love cooking, but not necessarily cleaning up afterwards. That’s where this recipe for sheet pan fajitas really shines. It gives you that Mexican feast experience without all the mess in the sink. You’re going to love it!
Try The sheet pan fajitas
Sheet Pan Fajitas
- 1 lb boneless, skinleess chicken breasts
- 1 each red bell pepper
- 1 each yellow bell pepper
- 1 each poblano pepper substitute green bell pepper, if preferred
- 2 each jalapenos
- 1 each large onions or two small onions
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning purchase ready-made or make your own, recipe at http://www.theyummylife.com/taco_seasoning_mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8-10 each flour tortillas
- cilantro, lime wedges, guacamole, sour cream, salsa optional toppings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray or brush large 13×18 sheet pan with oil (or, use 2 smaller pans).
- Cut chicken breasts against the grain into 1/4" to 1/2" wide strips. (Tip: freezing chicken for 15-30 minutes firms it up for easier cutting.)
- Cut bell and poblano peppers into long thin slices, approx. 1/4" wide.
- Cut stem end from jalapenos. Use vegetable peeler to cut out membrane and seeds (or leave them in if more heat is desired). Slice into thin rounds.
- Cut ends (poles) off of onions. Cut in half from pole to pole. Cut into thin slices.
- Scatter peppers, onions, and chicken on sheet pan. Sprinkle on taco seasoning. Drizzle with olive oil. Use tongs to toss until everything is coated and spread in an even layer. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and put in oven with fajita mixture during last 10 minutes of baking time.
- Garnish sheet pan with cilantro sprigs and lime wedges. Serve with warm tortillas and optional toppings.
Want more din-spiration?
If you like the sheet pan fajitas you’re going to want to try my terrific taco bake. It’s got all the yumminess of tacos but BAKED and melty delicious. Spice up and change up your Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo celebration with this tasty recipe for tacos in your oven. They come out delicious and you are going to love them. Try them for yourself and enjoy! Meg xo
Wondering how to sign up for COOK WITH MEG classes? My Kids 7-12, Teens 13-18, and stand alone Adult Classes make cooking FUN! You won’t want to miss out. Cooking is such an important life skill but it doesn’t have to be boring. You learn more when you’re having fun and that’s what makes these classes so memorable. You will wan to join in all the fun we have cooking up delicious food and easy recipes that are perfect for kids and teens learning how to cook.