Who Wants Peach + Cherry Crumble!
Summer is here and so is one of the easiest and YUMMIEST desserts, a peach + cherry crumble! Juicy ripe peaches paired with slightly tart ruby red cherries, baked under a topping of almond sugar cookie struesel. Easy to make, guaranteed zero leftovers!
STEP 1 – Make sure your cherries and peaches are ripe!
STEP 2- Fill your favourite 9×13 pan with sliced fruit
TIP: Make sure to spray your dish with non stick spray, or a swipe of good softened butter!
STEP 3- Sugar your fruit!
STEP 4 -Make an almond sugar cookie streusel topping!
Once this is complete, pop into the oven and bake for 25 mins. Then add 2 more melted tbsp of butter, bake another 10 mins, and if you STILL want to see it a little more golden, broil for 3 mins or so, but do NOT take your eyes off it!
Recipe below, ENJOY! Meg xo
TIPS FROM ME TO YOU!
- I am a super visual person, so I like to see the steps in a recipe, instead of just a finished product.
- Bottom right, you’ll see the cookie “streusel” topping consistency. I didn’t use a spatula, I get right in there with my hands and make sure it’s nice and crumbly before I top my baking dish.
- I also don’t worry about each peach and cherry piece being the exact same size. Rustic is in, PLUS they all melt and marry when in the oven.
- Turbinado Sugar: I don’t own any but have been meaning to pick some up. This would make that crunchy sugar topping effect you see on fancy desserts. Mine was just reg sugar, but go nuts!
Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
PS – Want to take this to an even BIGGER LEVEL? Serve this with a little Brown Butter Salted Caramel Sauce!
Peach + Cherry Crumble
Juicy peaches and tart cherries baked under a blanket of almond sugar cookie streusel topping makes this summertime crumble a SURE HIT with little to no leftovers!
- 5 large peaches
- 20 large cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup extra melted butter
Set your oven to 350.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray, or swipe softened butter to coat.
Slice peaches and cherries and fill the baking dish in one big mixed yummy layer. (overlap is encouraged).
Sprinkle 1/2 c sugar over fruit.
In a separate bowl combine 1/2c melted butter, flour, sugar, vanilla, almond, salt, baking powder. Get in there with your hands and bring it all together, it should look like a crumbly cookie dough.
Top your sugared fruit with crumble, little bits, big blobs, until it's all gone! *You can eat one little piece if you must!
Pop in the oven for 25 mins.
Take out at the 25 min mark and see if it's bubbling. Then add about 2 tbsp melted butter to the top - just to take it to the next level. Oh wait, sprinkle a little more sugar on top too. Back in oven.
Bake another 10 mins. If it's not bubbling and GOLDEN, turn on your broiler for NO MORE THAN 3 mins, and do not take your eyes off it!
Take out of oven to cool, serve with whipped cream, ice cream or ON ITS OWN! Good luck having leftovers! Enjoy! Meg xo