This orange creamsicle dreamsicle cake is a delicious way to bring the citrus flavours out to play on a hot summer afternoon. Get your vitamin C-isn’t-this-delicious in with this yummy cake that tastes like another one of your favourite summer treats. You get all the flavours of an orange grove in every bite and after you can just hear me asking “Orange you glad you made this?” SO. MANY. PUNS. And so much fun!
This recipe is dreamy and delicious and a great way to celebrate the summer season with the freshest tastes that wake up your mouth. The creamsicle is such a yummy and melty delicious part of summer and what better homage to its deliciousness is this creamsicle dreamsicle cake? Give it a try and see what you think. It’s a culinary monument to one of the yummiest of ice cream treats.
try the Creamsicle Dreamsicle Cake
Creamsicle Dreamsicle Cake
- 13 tbsp butter (16 tbsp is 1 cup, so this is 1 cup, MINUS 3 tbsp).
- 1⅛ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1⅔ tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp 2% milk
- ⅛ cup oil (canola)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp orange flavouring extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp grated orange zest
- 1½ tsp vanila extract
- 3-4 tbsp orange juice
- Orange food colouring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the oj, water, milk, oil, vanilla and orange extract.
- Now we have to add wet and dry ingredients to the butter mixture, beating the whole time on low/med
- Add batter to a 9×13 baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- MAKE THE FROSTING: In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in the confectioners' sugar, orange zest and vanilla. Add enough orange juice to achieve frosting consistency.
want more din-spiration?
If you like Creamsicle Dreamsicle Cake you’re going to want to try my sticky sweet chicken skewers. It’s another great way to play with citrus flavours and let the orange come out and play! Pair the two together and you will have a citrus feast you won’t soon forget. To think all of these flavours come from one humble fruit! It’s truly amazing. Enjoy! Meg xo
Head to megtucker.com/cook-with-meg-online to check out my fun classes for ALL ages! You will learn to cook easy things that taste great, have fun with the rest of the class and change up your meal routine to include new yummy and fabulous options. I love teaching new recipes and take the time to make sure everyone knows what to do with no stress. Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again! Thanks for joining me.