Have you ever made your own homemade granola?
I make a MASSIVE sheet tray filled to the brim, but you don’t have to be excessive like me. I am of the school – why do four trips in with grocery bags when you can do it all in one? That’s my motto with baking too. Make it all! No seriously, this recipe below is a single batch, you can definitely double if you wish! TIP #2: You might want to bake it in sections, if you have the time. I did it all in one pan, but it took a little longer.
Hope you enjoy your own granola, think of the oats as the blank canvas. Add whatever you wish!
ADD IN OPTIONS: **I ADD THE FRUIT IN THE LAST 5 MINS OF BAKING, OR EVEN ONCE I TAKE IT OUT. TOSS WITH FRUIT AND LET COOL!
- dried cherries
- dried apple
- dried mango
- flax seed
- chia seed
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- almonds- TIP #3: I used slivered over sliced. Sliced BURN quickly!
Maple Almond Granola
- 1.5 c large flake oats
- 1/2 c coconut unsweetened
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c oil canola, olive or even better coconut
- 1/3 c maple syrup
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 c dried fruit raisins, cherries, apples, mango - or none!
- 1 c slivered almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ALL the ingredients
- Get in there and mix with your hands!
- Spray a sheet pan, or line with parchment
- Spread an even layer of granola over pan
- Bake for 15 mins at 325. Take out, flip over, clump it up!
- Bake another 15 mins until golden. OVEN TEMPS VARY
- Let cool completely before you bag or pop into a container!
- ENJOY! Meg xo
Want to make your granola the star of the show? Add some of my RHUBARB CURD to the morning bowl to take it over the top!
Enjoy! Meg xo