There’s something about LEMON that just makes everything cheery and sunny and fun. These lucky lemon squares are so easy to make, but people think you worked all day at them! Dust with powdered sugar, and save the recipe! The tart taste is just enough without being overwhelming. You are going to have a deeper appreciation for citrus after this great dish. I promise the lemon juice is worth the squeeze!
The square format is handy to dish up and share with the family (or don’t! We totally won’t judge if you keep it all to yourself!) Lemon just tastes like summer sunshine, childhood lemonade stands and magic. It’s the right kind of fresh and flavourful for after dinner and it’s shockingly simple to put together. But if anyone asks, you can pretend it was hard. We won’t bust you!
Try lucky lemon squares
Lucky Lemon Squares
- 10 tbsp butter room temperature
- 1¼ cup flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 each large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1½ tbsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup lemon juice about 2 lemons, real vs bottled if you can!)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease an 8×8 pan.
- Mix the flour, powdered sugar, and salt together. Using a pastry cutter or 2 knives, you want to mix the flour into the butter until crumbly and then press into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until lightly golden.
- Whisk all the filling ingredients together until combined.
- Pour over the cooked crust and place back in the oven for 17-20 minutes until filling is set.
- Cool completely, dust with powdered sugar, cut into squares.
Want more din-spiration?
If you like lucky lemon squares you’re going to want to try my Spring Pavlova with Lemon Curd. It’s another great lemon-y dish that makes for an excellent dessert choice. The pop of berries is a great way to use seasonal, local berries in your dessert course. You are going to love the way it tastes! Now, get busy in the kitchen and enjoy! Meg xo
Wondering how to sign up for COOK WITH MEG classes? My Kids 7-12, Teens 13-18, and stand alone Adult Classes make cooking FUN! You won’t want to miss out. Cooking is such an important life skill but it doesn’t have to be boring. You learn more when you’re having fun and that’s what makes these classes so memorable. You will wan to join in all the fun we have cooking up delicious food and easy recipes that are perfect for kids and teens learning how to cook.