Pizza + Fruit = SUMMER match made in heaven! The difference with this pizza and saucy cheesy pizza, is this crust is a sugar cookie, the sauce is brown sugar cream cheese and the toppings are your fave berries and fruit! You’re the boss of the fruit that goes on your pizza so go ahead and pick what makes your tastebuds do a happy dance of celebration and pure culinary joy.
You could go tropical, berry, or blend the two and have a flavour convention on the top of your pizza. The glaze is tasty, the sauce is yummy and it’s all oh so easy to put together. The crust is to die for! Pizza never tasted this good and pizza is pretty amazing, let’s face it. Pizza isn’t just for dinner anymore, it can make an amazing dessert. Load up your toppings and the flavours of summer all over that fruit pizza pie!
try the fruit pizza with brown sugar cream
FRUIT CREAM SUMMER PIZZA
- non-stick cooking spray
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup softened butter
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract OR ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp water
- 2-3 cups your fave fruits and think about how you want to top your pizza design!
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a round 10-12 inch tart or pizza pan with non stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl cream together your butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg, and vanilla or almond extract.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture until blended.
- Press your dough into the pizza or tart pan. If it’s a little sticky just dust a bit of flour on your hands.
- Bake until the edges just start to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
While that’s baking let’s make our brown sugar cream cheese “SAUCE” layer:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and powdered sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Spread evenly on the cooled crust.
- When you are ready to eat, arrange your fruit on top of the pizza.
For the glaze:
- Blend a little water into the honey then brush over the top of the fruit like a glaze.
want more din-spiration?
If you like fruit pizza with brown sugar cream you’re going to want to try my watermelon and pineapple sticks with double dips recipe! It’s another fun way to get fresh fruit into your dessert system (aka your belly!) There’s nothing better on a hot summer day than a fruity dessert recipe. Enjoy! Meg xo
Head to megtucker.com/cook-with-meg-online to check out my fun classes for ALL ages! You will learn to cook easy things that taste great, have fun with the rest of the class and change up your meal routine to include new yummy and fabulous options. I love teaching new recipes and take the time to make sure everyone knows what to do with no stress. Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again! Thanks for joining me.