Sheet pan eggs are so delicious. Make that sheet pan dinners. Why are they so popular? I think, largely in part to them being SO easy to build and bake. I think they rule because they make clean up a breeze and you can get the whole family helping out! This “any time of day” sheet pan recipe is my all time fave. Crispy seasoned potato chunks, sweet almost caramelized onions, salty sausage and creamy eggs make this the PERFECT meal. Feel free to mix and match the ingredients, depending on what you have on hand!
SHEET PAN EGGs OPTIONS:
- Sweet potatoes, or russets
- Yellow or yellow onions, shallots work too!
- Honey garlic sausage, italian sausage, crumbled bacon works too!
- Add some goat cheese or feta, crumbled bits of parm…SO GOOD!
Sheet Pan Eggs, Sausage and Potatoes
- Sheet pan
- 6-8 eggs you want 2 per person, so you can adjust all quantities of this recipe. **makes great leftovers!
- 1 package your fave sausage meat You can remove the casings, or buy just the meat on its own
- 2-3 large potatoes ANY kind (you can choose 2 russet + 1 sweet)
- 1 med onion any variety – if using green choose 2-3 stalks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic fresh minced, or powder, or from a bottle- pureed. ALL GOOD!
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp your fave seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 pepper ANY colour – optional but adds to the flavours
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 c parm or feta or goat cheese to crumble on top
- 2 tsp fresh chopped parsley Optional Toppings
PREP YOUR SHEET PAN
- Cover your sheet pan in foil if you wish, then spray liberally with nonstick spray. If you prefer to JUST use the sheet pan, make sure it has lots of nonstick spray on it.
- PREHEAT YOUR OVEN TO 450
PREP YOUR POTATOES
- Scrub and chop your potatoes into a "medium dice", I love leaving the skin on.
- Toss the potatoes in 2 tbsp of olive oil and half of the seasonings above (including 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire). Into the oven for 20 mins.
- While your potatoes get a head start in the hot oven, let's prep our peppers, onion and sausages.
- If your sausages come in casings, you want to pierce the skin and push all the sausage meat out of the casings, onto a plate.
- Chop your onion to a small dice, then pepper to a small to medium dice, then toss the veggies in a bowl with the rest of the olive oil, worcestershire, seasoning salt, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Take your potatoes out of the oven and scatter the veggies in with them, then break the sausage in little bits all over the pan. Back into the oven for another 20 mins, reducing heat to 425.
- Once your veggies and sausage have cooked for 20 mins, take out and using a spoon, carefully make little wells (not down to the foil, but deep enough to hold an egg). Crack and carefully pour 1 egg into each well. (2 per person).
- Sheet pan back into the oven for a few more minutes until the eggs are cooked through. For soft eggs you'll want to bake for about 6 mins, about 8-9 for harder eggs.
- Take the sheet pan out of the oven and scatter some crumbled goat cheese, cheddar, or parm all over the top! ENJOY!
SHORTCUTS FOR OVEN POTATOES
- You can always cut your potatoes into a small dice, then in a microwave safe bowl add water just to cover the potatoes then cook on high for about 5 mins** (all microwaves are different so you want them almost fork tender). This will soften your potatoes to give them a speedier cook in the oven. If you do this step, you can add your potatoes, peppers, onions and sausage ALL at the same time! (skip the 450, and go straight to 425).
Want more egg-spiration?
Try making an order of SCOTCH EGGS! Sausage, egg, bread crumbs and DELICIOUSNESS!
For MORE EGG-spiration, check out my friends at Egg Farmers of Alberta!