Have you ever made your own ice cream from scratch? Make this special recipe and you might never want to buy store bought ice cream again! We’ve blended our favourite summer flavours – juicy berries, sweet maple syrup and your favourite candy treats to make a summertime favourite into a special treat you won’t soon forget! Customize your favourite flavour profile and enjoy the magic of homemade yumminess made just the way you like it.
You are going to love a refreshing dessert treat on a hot summer evening. Eat it in a cone, from a bowl or put it between two cookies for a home made ice cream sandwich. This is so yummy you won’t want to give it a chance for it to melt. You’re going to want to lick up all the melty goodness while it’s chilly. Which flavours will you put on your icy dessert treat? The choice is up to you! We all scream for ice cream – give this one a try tonight.
try the canadian camp ice cream
canadian camp ice cream
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped strawberries or blueberries, plus more for topping
- 1 cup your FAVE ice cream toppings: chocolate chips, crushed pretzels, coconut, crushed oreos, reeses pieces
- In a stand mixer or using electric beaters, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in sweetened condensed milk, strawberries, and “accessories”
- Transfer mixture to a 9"-x-5" loaf pan and smooth top with a spatula.
- Top with additional strawberries and pound cake and freeze until firm, 5 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from freezer to let soften, 10 minutes.
want more din-spiration?
If you like canadian camp ice cream you’re going to want to try my super sweet sundae toppings. There are so many fun ways to make ice cream exciting. Taste them all, experiment and find your signature mix of delicious. Enjoy! Meg xo
Head to megtucker.com/cook-with-meg-online to check out my fun classes for ALL ages! You will learn to cook easy things that taste great, have fun with the rest of the class and change up your meal routine to include new yummy and fabulous options. I love teaching new recipes and take the time to make sure everyone knows what to do with no stress. Get ready to have fun learning! I can’t wait to see you back again! Thanks for joining me.