Fruit Bumble Crumble. The easiest dessert that uses “what you have” on hand! Fresh or frozen fruit with an amazing crumbly sugar sweet topping, the whole family will devour this for dessert, or BREAKFAST! TIP: when the weather is warm, pick up extra berries then freeze through the winter. We got SO many amazing berries when we visited Davison Orchards in Vernon, BC!
PS – Want to take this to an even BIGGER LEVEL? Serve this with a little Brown Butter Salted Caramel Sauce!
Fruit Bumble Crumble
- 2 ½ c fresh or frozen berries
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp almond extract TAKES IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL
- 1/2-3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c melted butter
- DOTS OF BUTTER FOR THE END
- Recipe note: THE COOKIE CRUMBLE TOPPING WILL ADD TO THE SWEETNESS OF THE FRUIT. YOU CAN ADJUST THESE LEVELS ACCORDING TO YOUR TASTES. USE LESS SUGAR IF YOU'D RATHER HAVE YOURS ON THE TART SIDE.
- Set your oven to 350.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray, or swipe softened butter to coat.
- Toss the berries with ¼-½ c sugar and 1 tbsp of the flour, then fill the baking dish in one big mixed yummy layer. (adjust sweetness to your liking)
- In a separate bowl combine melted butter, flour, sugar, vanilla, salt, baking powder. Get in there with your hands and bring it all together, it should look like a crumbly cookie dough.
- Top your sugared fruit with crumble, little bits, big blobs, until it's all gone! *You can eat one little piece if you must!
- Pop in the oven for 25 mins.
- Take out at the 25 min mark and see if it's bubbling. Now dot the top with a little more butter (2 tbsp)
- Bake another 20 mins. If it's not bubbling and GOLDEN, turn on your broiler for NO MORE THAN 3 mins, and do not take your eyes off it!
- Take out of oven to cool, serve with whipped cream, ice cream or ON ITS OWN! Good luck having leftovers! Enjoy! Meg xo
Looking for some more din-spiration?
WANT TO COOK WITH MEG? REGISTRATION IS ON NOW!
COOK WITH MEG: Kids, Teens, Adults, FAMILIES, stand alone classes and PARTIES!